Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delphi work really better?

Delphi work really better?

Hi

First, sorry for my bad english.

Mi question is: I want to develop games, but i dont know if use Delphi or C. I would like develop profesional games, but i dont know if delphi can do this.

Delphi is faster than C?? The diference is not "visible"?

With delphi i can develop profesional games that are competitive with games make with C?

Im from spain. Repeat, sorry for my bad english and thank you for your answers.

Delphi is usually a bit slower than C, but if you?¢_~re not planning to make something like Doom3 then it won?¢_Tt make much of a difference. Delphi is quite capable of doing anything C can and is easier to read and faster compiling, while most programming tutorials are written for C so you?¢_~ll find much more examples for it. Use whatever you find more comfortable.

Then, i don't make a doom3 that run fast?

I see Age of wonders 2 (professional game) and work very very nice. Otherwise in Delphi i can implement C and asm code.

Merge this lenguages the game run perfectly.

I think that Dephi is a good Game Develop Plataform.

o no?

The execution speed of a C++ executable is only insignificantly faster than that of a Delphi executable. But think of all the design-time advantages you have if you choose Delphi. Delphi has the fastest compiler on the planet, it has full DirectX and OpenGL support through the JEDI headers, it supports assembler...

There's really no reason why you shouldn't be able to write a commercial quality game in Delphi. The only downside is portability. Delphi apps can easily be ported to Linux (through Kylix) but porting a Delphi game to consoles is a little tricky. Other than that, go for it! There are tons of examples of great 3D games written in Delphi (Fist of Benztown, Pythian Project, etc.).
    Ask me about the xcess game development kit

imho, delphi is better then c/c++ the reason being. its easier! its as powerfull and as fast. what you can do in c/c++ you can (somehow ) do in delphi.

hey, im even writing a lemans racing sim in it so it cant be half bad

Thank you very much for give me courage. I will use Delphi. The problem is that you se me asking very much .

Thanks.

My english will better with time.

EDIT:

One question. What "engine" i may use? GlScene? JEDI? DelphiX? PowerDrae?? i prefer opengl but now this is not important.

what engine to use depends on what type of game really.

if u want say.... a 3d racer, then use d3d or opengl

but 2d games normally go for delphix

I want to make a "Monkey Island" type in 3D.

then i may use glscene for example or you recomended me other

Glscene is good?

mabey opengl or d3d?

personaly i would use d3d for this job

but a game make with d3d not run in linux

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast