Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linking issues with XCode + FPC for iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Relfos View Post
    Yes, using OpenGL ES and some bits of objC, however the problem is already fixed, thanks!
    That's good, I just wanted to see if you had any all-FPC solution. I have written an all-FPC OpenGLES test program, which misbehaves for no reason I can find. It works in the iPad simulator, but not for iPhone. That could, of course, be the topic of a new thread, but this was close enough to ask IMHO.

Ah, I see. I still don't know how to make everything using only fpc though.

Using FPC only can be achieved by using SDL 1.3 (Pascal headers are here: https://github.com/Stoney-FD/sdl13-pascal), worked so far for FPC 2.4.2 and FPC 2.5.1 for me, to be honest it's still a bit quirky at the moment, as the SDL 1.3 documentation is pretty much non-existant and much of the API changed since I did my tutorial on SDL 1.3 and iOS last year.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Using FPC only can be achieved by using SDL 1.3 (Pascal headers are here: https://github.com/Stoney-FD/sdl13-pascal), worked so far for FPC 2.4.2 and FPC 2.5.1 for me, to be honest it's still a bit quirky at the moment, as the SDL 1.3 documentation is pretty much non-existant and much of the API changed since I did my tutorial on SDL 1.3 and iOS last year.
    IMHO that only packages the foreign code. (You can say that about Cocoa too but it isn't quite the same.) The ObjC code includes something important: framebuffer objects. I want to access that from my FPC code, not only for setting up my main frame buffer but for multipass rendering.

I have ported the glext unit (which was missing in the interfaces) but I probably have some remaining bugs that prevent it from working. But that is the way to go as I see it. We will all package it in various ways, in our game libraries, but we need the direct access to glext too.

Using FPC only can be achieved by using SDL 1.3
    And ZenGL Everything works for me, and currently I'm working on porting two commercial projects to iOS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12