Thread: Asphyre eXtreme lifesign :-)

Asphyre eXtreme lifesign :-)

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this community and still working with Delphi 7 and Asphyre 3.1.0 aka Asphyre eXtreme. I've been wondering if anyone else here is using a similar setup or recently switched to the new Asphyre Sphinx. I want to start looking into 3D programming and I think my Asphyre is heavy outdated. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by arc; 03-10-2011 at 04:11 PM.

The incoming release of Asphyre Sphinx 1.5 supports Delphi XE 2 on both Win64, Win32 and Mac OS. Perhaps it would be worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower View Post
    The incoming release of Asphyre Sphinx 1.5 supports Delphi XE 2 on both Win64, Win32 and Mac OS. Perhaps it would be worth checking out.
    Hi lifepower...
    Did Asphyre Sphinx support MacOsX in FreePascal..
    I like to cross platform my unreleash game...

Quote Originally Posted by azrael11 View Post
    Hi lifepower...
    Did Asphyre Sphinx support MacOsX in FreePascal..
    I like to cross platform my unreleash game...
    No, only few months back I've got a Mac to test and make it work on Mac OS. The release is ready, it was delayed to provide DX10/11 providers as well (and meanwhile I'm polishing the documentation).

No, only few months back I've got a Mac to test and make it work on Mac OS. The release is ready, it was delayed to provide DX10/11 providers as well (and meanwhile I'm polishing the documentation).
    Sorry my friend my question sucks...
    I mean the 1.5 ver that about to releash...
    Sorry again...

Sorry my friend my question sucks...
    I mean the 1.5 ver that about to releash...
    Sorry again...
    There was nothing wrong with your question. The incoming release is compatible with FPC/Lazarus, I've tried to clean up as much messages/hints as possible. On Win32/64 and FPC/Lazarus you can use the "native" way.

On Mac OS X in Delphi XE 2 you use Asphyre FireMonkey Connect component, which can also be used on Windows (at the expense of initialization options, e.g. you can't specify the format of back-buffer). In FPC/Lazarus and Mac OS X you'll use similar approach with few manual steps.

Support for iOS is yet untested, but it will be similar to Mac OS X approach. On all platforms you'll be able to use AsphyreGUI, native Asphyre WYSIWYG framework. In a certain form, it is similar to how FireMonkey works; the difference is that FireMonkey's rendering is event-based (render once, wait for input), while AsphyreGUI works in real-time (render continuously) because it's gaming GUI.

There was nothing wrong with your question. The incoming release is compatible with FPC/Lazarus, I've tried to clean up as much messages/hints as possible. On Win32/64 and FPC/Lazarus you can use the "native" way.

On Mac OS X in Delphi XE 2 you use Asphyre FireMonkey Connect component, which can also be used on Windows (at the expense of initialization options, e.g. you can't specify the format of back-buffer). In FPC/Lazarus and Mac OS X you'll use similar approach with few manual steps.

Support for iOS is yet untested, but it will be similar to Mac OS X approach. On all platforms you'll be able to use AsphyreGUI, native Asphyre WYSIWYG framework. In a certain form, it is similar to how FireMonkey works; the difference is that FireMonkey's rendering is event-based (render once, wait for input), while AsphyreGUI works in real-time (render continuously) because it's gaming GUI.
    This is freaking good i'll wait for this... Asphyre is great and very easy to understand library...
    Do you have any Releash Date?

@Lifepower,

With Asphyre for MacOS does it mean it is possible to combine firemonkey components on the same screen? Would it be possible to have aspyhre rendering to a tpanel (for example) within a firemonkey app?
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Do you have any Releash Date?
    There have been few difficulties with DX11 headers so if I'm unable to make it work within a week or so, I'll release Asphyre Sphinx without DX11 provider, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by czar View Post
    With Asphyre for MacOS does it mean it is possible to combine firemonkey components on the same screen? Would it be possible to have aspyhre rendering to a tpanel (for example) within a firemonkey app?
    Asphyre on Mac OS takes direct control of OpenGL so FireMonkey only handles initialization and some form stuff. It's something I haven't tried, but theoretically you could simply limit rendering to a TPanel's rectangle so Asphyre doesn't interfere with other components on the form and you can even start/stop rendering depending on whether the panel is visible or not.