Thread: Photoshop..... how do they?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Photoshop..... how do they?

I find masses of tutorials to do all kinds of things.... none of which I want!!! LOL!

I am looking to create gold coins (with my own gold logo of some sort on them), but I may also need to somehow have 3-5 positions of them rotating horizontally for animation (even if I had a face-on gold coin I have no idea how people do those sorts of things).

I need to create a gold mining/western themed intro logo/animation for the app and theme the actual app itself, but I can't really find anything I can use or modify to suit.

How do they pull amazing things from who knows where?

I take it you have already seen these:
    http://tutorials20.com/graphics/image-on-a-coin/
    http://www.fstutorials.com/photoshop...fect/tutorial/

The trouble is that most of these tutorials have some sort of 3d effect going on, which makes it pretty much useless for animation. You could create each frame by hand of course, but that may take quite some time to get right.
    I don't know what kind of style you're going for, but if I had to do that, I would use 3d software to create the coin model and the animation.

You might be right about the 3D. Although I am terrible with that also! haha, but perhaps better tutorials for it.

It's basically to simulate my own way of what slot/pokie machines do for big line wins (with all the spinning gold coins spitting out and upward, and falling continiously with some minor probably 3 frame spinning effect).

Well, assuming you can create a circular face for the coin, this isn't such a hard task to do. (Well, it might be) Personally, I would just model the simple coin as a cylinder in blender, then export the various animated frames of the coins as desired. Keep in mind for this approach that your coin face is going to have to be a relatively large image (512x512 or higher is what I would recommend)

I don't have blender on anymore, I think Photoshop can do 3D these days, never tried it out yet though.

Getting static images to make animations would probably be easier from 3D then 2D from scratch, though I am terrible with making 3D .

You can make a simple coin model in blender in less than 20 seconds. Just go to Add -> Mesh -> Cylinder and resize it to your liking. It's the texturing and animating that will bite you. In any event, it is more learning. With Photoshop or Gimp, you could try playing with their perspective tools to get a kind of spinning or flipping effect.