Thread: Photoshop..... how do they?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    If I remember correctly I believe there is a plug in for Paint.Net that does just that... It should be under one of the plug-in packs on their forums. Might be Pyros but not sure. But since Paint.Net is free you could give it a spin I guess.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Well I have my perfect 3D coin with text textures I made, lighting, even those lines on the side which I finally figured out how to turn into a texture and thin them out.

Now for some reason it started as a repousse object and now I can no longer edit it as a repousse object which means I cannot apply the final extrusions *KABLAM GOES PHOTOSHOP!!!"

My thought about Photoshop artists are:

- They have a lot of training, so they know their tools better than we do.
    - They also have more training in drawing in general, on paper etc, so they are used to projecting 3D ideas onto 2D in their minds.
    - They have Wacom boards.
    - The artwork is their work so they put much time and effort into it. And patience. They try and try again.

I have worked together with Photoshop professionals, and they can whip up nice things in no time using tricks I never knew existed, but they also fine-tune details, almost at pixel level.

So their "magic" is very much training and spending time on the tool. At least from what I have seen.