ah, I see, thanks for clarifying. Code glitch - if you're not drinking obscene amounts of coffee then maybe you've got another substance taking it's toll As for woman...I know what you mean, not entirely sure I can compare my program to them, I like it to be perfect or as perfect as I know, doubt I'll ever find the perfect woman, thats a tall order but thanks for putting it in a way that any guy should understnads.

traveller - I just read up on procedures some more, I'm going to play woth the code some more and put the var inside the proc, again, if it makes the code cleaner then I'm all for it. I like it when the prog is clean / tidy. thanks for pointing out the numcheck bit, it's things likethat that I don't notice striaght away. thanks. I'l post the next installment a bit later for your perusal.

on the offchance...I'm puttign a website together (again this is an assignment that I wanted to take to the next level.) www.webdesignprofessionals.co.uk (any constructive criticism woudl be awesome.