Hi Chaps,

It's been a while, I thought I'd pop back to see how everyone was getting on.

I've not been doing any Pascal since CrashBlock, work has led me to other languages and there hasn't been the time to do anything game related.

I'm now running a company (www.songbird-creations.com) which takes most of my time. However, I do miss writing games. Unfortunately, I'm of the opinion at the moment that the PC market for hobbyist games is in really bad shape... however, the mobile market is thriving. Android in particular.

I purchased a book a few months ago called Pro Android Games; it talks about writing games in java, but states that if anyone wants any REAL performance, then you have to write the games in C++ and link it into the JNI.. so my question is.. as C++ is a bit of a horrid language and as there's always been a kind-of rivalry between Pascal and C++, has anyone made any steps in getting FreePascal compiling for the mobile processors so that they can link into the Java bindings in the same way that a C++ native game would?

Sorry if the question is a little out there, it's more for discussion more than anything. However, I'm trying to get back into games programming, saying that, I'd like to leverage my Object Pascal knowledge if possible and the Android Market is just ripe right now.

Thoughts anyone?