Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BGRABitmap tutorial

Question

Makes me wonder if you plan to add FPGUI framework support. It really lacks of PNG support with alpha channels.

Well in fact I don't really understand what FPGUI is. Is it like applications that run in full screen mode and that draw windows themselves, or is it a framework that use basic window functions of different platforms to render their own controls ?

Does FPGUI has TCanvas objects and use the same Graphics unit as the standard LCL ?

Does FPGUI has TCanvas objects and use the same Graphics unit as the standard LCL ?
    Yes FPGUI has own Canvas object derived from GDI. It's a GUI toolkit just like Qt or LCL. It doesn't uses Graphics unit and that's why it procures much smaller executable and it doesn't depend on GTK in Linux.

I see. Well BGRABitmap depends on standard TCanvas, Gtk and LCL, and uses types from Graphics and GraphType units. So that would be much work to make a version for FPGUI. I'm not familiar with it nor with the way it accesses to graphics. So I will not do this, I guess. But if someone wants to try...

Question

I will see if I can make the FPCanvas work with FPGUI. Another question is how to get a pixel color by mouse click in 4th tutorial image?

Something like this.
    Code:
    TPaintBox.Canvas.Pixels[Mouse.CursorPos.X,MouseCursorPos.Y]

I would recommend you to save the bitmap as a variable in the interface section, and get pixel colors using BGRABitmap.GetPixel.

Hello people,

Just to notify that the 3D engine is finished. Well at least there could be some minor improvements, but it works great.

Here is a screenshot :
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123