Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BGRABitmap tutorial

Thanks. How can I install that lpk package? Can I move my source files after I have installed the package? (Really annoying that I have to ask this, because all the documentation for lazarus is inaccessible. )

Update: It seems like they have fixed the problem.
    Last edited by chronozphere; 09-04-2011 at 04:13 PM.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Once the package is installed, you need to specify package dependency in the project inspector. Then you can move your project whereever you want.

I have a little problem. I want to draw a closed polygon, but it doesn't work:

Code:
    var
      image: TBGRABitmap;
      storedSpline: array of TPointF;
      c: TBGRAPixel;
    begin
      image := TBGRABitmap.Create(ClientWidth,ClientHeight,ColorToBGRA(ColorToRGB(clBtnFace)));
      c := ColorToBGRA(ColorToRGB(clWindowText));

setLength(storedSpline, 3);
      storedSpline[0].x := 50;
      storedSpline[0].y := 50;
      storedSpline[1].x := 100;
      storedSpline[1].y := 100;
      storedSpline[2].x := 0;
      storedSpline[2].y := 100;

image.DrawPolylineAntialias(storedSpline,c,1, true); //This call should draw a closed spline

image.Draw(Canvas,0,0,True);
      image.free;
    end;
    The last parameter is called Closed, so I presume that when I pass true, I will get a closed spline, but It's still open.
    Anybody?
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

It's normal. A polyline is not a closed figure. The closed parameter means that the end of the segment is closed. See here :
    http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/B...map_tutorial_6

If you want to draw a closed path, then use DrawPolygonAntialias.

By the way, naming a variable storedSpline does not automatically create a spline. You need to call ComputeClosedSpline. See here :
    http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/B...map_tutorial_7

If you feel the tutorial is ambiguous somewhere, please tell me what you suggest to add or change.
    Last edited by circular; 09-04-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: spline

Thanks! It works great now.

By the way, naming a variable storedSpline does not automatically create a spline. You need to call ComputeClosedSpline. See here :
    Don't pay attention to that name. I was reusing that name from another piece of code that did use a spline.

Hello,

I've added a new tutorial about texture mapping :

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/B...ap_tutorial_10

Enjoy

Hello people,

I've added comments to BGRABitmap source code, so it's easy to browse and hopefully to understand it.

You can have a look in the last zip file (3.7) :
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazpaint/files/src/

If something is hard to understand, tell me so I'll add more comments.

By the way, LazPaint textures look better, and blur filter is faster (the fast blur is very fast indeed).

Thanks for the update! My Spline Editor project makes good use of the BGRABitmap library. I wouldn't have had such a good looking interface if you hadn't written those tutorials.

cool

I'm looking forward to see your spline editor.

For those interested, I've added lightness shading (like Gouraud). It's on subversion. Here is screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by circular; 26-04-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Hello people,

I've added CanvasBGRA property to TBGRABitmap to allow drawing with functions that work the same as the standard Canvas but with antialiasing and alphablending. The AntialiasingMode is always taken into account and there is an Opacity property added in Pen, Brush and Font.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast