Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ludum Dare 20

Ludum Dare 20

The sun is shining and it's spring and as some of you may already April means Ludum Dare time. This Ludum Dare is scheduled for April 29th to May 2nd.
    As with my other Ludum Dare threads in this forum I just want to know how many of you will be participating and what you are going to be using?

As for myself, I'm not so sure if I'm going to use FreePascal or JavaScript and CSS. Web games are being played and rated more than downloadables. I guess it depends on the theme.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Haha, I'll have to pass on this one unfortunately. Right in the middle of finals for me. I've always found the concept of Ludum Dare and other compos rather interesting; but I'm never completely happy with what I make (and I suppose that's how it's supposed to be!) In the end, I like being forced to conform to a theme, but I like to flesh out projects more.. and 2 days doesn't cut it. PGD annual is more what I'd like to try next

I'm going to participate this time with 2 friends
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Blog Entries
    The PGD Annual won't be until the Fall/Winter if that helps.

I'd like to see how many Pascal guys will be making an entry for the next Ludum Dare too. Any idea what the theme is for the next one?

...any guesses?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I'm unsure about whether I will participate. I'm having a busy period right now. Also, the 30th of April is Queensday in holland so...
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries
    Recent Prometheus releases stable: Check
    Prometheus code to laod and draw TileD maps: Check
    Proof of Concept physics code for Prometheus: Check (not on svn, don't go looking )
    New engine release for RPG and platformers rolling out in a few weeks/days: Check
    Pepsi supply: Check
    People to participate: Nope, lets just hope for the best
    Free time: Spring break. Check, hopefully its right at the end but in it still

Looks like I might be joining my first luduum dare soon then... Although Prometheus, is quite a handy tool to have if I may say so myself. I'll admit to feeling a little guilty using its latest revisions in such a manner but hey. Fun.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Just a reminder, you guys: Ludum Dare is this week-end.
    Personally, I'm not quite sure which tech I'm going to be using, I'm torn between using my own Object Pascal engine, Unity3D and JavaScript.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

I'm still in!

I'll be writing most things from scratch in good ol' FreePascal. I had some good experience using RemObject's PascalScript, and OpenGL in one of the previous ones, but I think I'll start to brush up on some sort of proper content pipeline.

Still, I think the hardest part(as always) will be getting a good idea. Let's hope the theme will be good this year
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Blog Entries
    Just realized something: if its this weekend I better do some serious work... I was planning to use the bleeding edge of my code (basically prometheus with half of it cobbled from some proof of concept apps I made over time) but as luck would have it, its throwing up runtime errors like crazy and GDBs finding it hard to not crash too...

I blame the POC code for particle effects and OpenAL since it looks like some threading BS (excuse me) is going on... Any ideas on the theme yet?

Oh, and its exam time next week (mocks only but hooha)
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Just realized something: if its this weekend I better do some serious work... I was planning to use the bleeding edge of my code (basically prometheus with half of it cobbled from some proof of concept apps I made over time) but as luck would have it, its throwing up runtime errors like crazy and GDBs finding it hard to not crash too...

I blame the POC code for particle effects and OpenAL since it looks like some threading BS (excuse me) is going on... Any ideas on the theme yet?

Oh, and its exam time next week (mocks only but hooha)
    Ugh, yeah I've gotten into a mess crashing GDB before

Anyway, theme voting for ludum dare has been going on all this week, so you could log into the site and see some of the suggested themes (while voting for them!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast