Thread: Lazarus 0.9.30 (Win32) crashes when debigging program loading a DLL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have an update:

The DLL was compressed using PECompact and Lazarus/GDB didn't like that one little bit

Using the uncompressed version works a treat

I hope this helps someone else too...

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    To be honest, I am finding a few cracks in GDB where it may have been worth the dev team running some GDB on GDB because whenever I have some resource error from multiple threads in parallel, the error in the application seems to crash GDB... A noteworthy one is trying to alter window contexts and global OpenGl information from a child thread when OpenGl was initialized and stores its memory in the parent/main thread...

Personally, I find multi threading quite easy in itself but its hard to debug without GDB, even when I have my own libs in play for that. Ie: I know what line crashes everything, but I dont know why On the bright side, GDB works on windows for you; I had a few issues getting mine functioanl on Win32, although in ubuntu its a cinch. If only ubuntu had support for multitouch, interfaces for it and support for win32 touch display drivers then I could finally get my 100% nix network... *SIGH*
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    I get the same problems when I try to compile any SDL projects. A default app generated from scratch works ok, but SDL seems to be a bit of a challenge to add into anything for Mac OS X + Lazarus. (Which is pretty much ALL my current projects.)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder