View Poll Results: Would you like to do a mini-compo to warm up for the PGD Annual competition?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

3 17.65%
  • Yes

14 82.35%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PGD Competition Warm-up Challenge Anyone?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda
    Do, or do not. There is no try.
    I was never one for fence-sitting.

Actually this compo would start in the next couple of weeks. Just need to give me time to write up the rules and theme and we could kick it off. Since Athena is not quite done with the new site yet, submissions would probably end up being sent by email. I would also possibly accept an email with a link only considering that there isn't any prizes involved.

The theme would be super simple and something that can be done within a 2-3 week period, if not sooner for those that are that good. There will also be a file size limit and the standard disclaimer that allows us to distribute your game and images from it as it was submitted for promotional purposes. (You'd be surprised.)

The end result for the winner(s) would be pride, glory and of course we'd use it to promote the hell out of PGD of course.

...besides, it's fun!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Sounds like fun! I will enter if I get time

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    I've been toying with a concept and theme set of rules for this, but I'm still hoping for more of a response from developers who are actually interested. Anyone else that wants to take part?

Spread the word and make this happen!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

You have 10 "Yes"es, School just ended for me for the summer so I'm quite free at the moment.

Blog Entries
    I'm on work experience this - start at 10AM, 2 hour lunch and end at 2PM so I can't complain. Especially if we start the compo that would indeed be quite fantastic.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    I am going to see if Prof. Morrison would like to invite some of his students to take part too. Anyone mind getting "powned" by a teenager?

It's all in fun anyways, right? I'm thinking bonus points for including source. What do you guys think?

IOW NOT manditory, but it give you a wee few extra points in the spirit of sharing. Does this 'kill it' for anyone?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    I am going to see if Prof. Morrison would like to invite some of his students to take part too. Anyone mind getting "powned" by a teenager?

It's all in fun anyways, right? I'm thinking bonus points for including source. What do you guys think?

IOW NOT manditory, but it give you a wee few extra points in the spirit of sharing. Does this 'kill it' for anyone?
    Doesn't worry me Jason, go for it

cheers,
    Paul

I've voted 'Yes'. BTW I'm quite "out of busines" now. Anyway I'll try to join it. May be I can do something that attracts somebody to join the Allegro.pas project to help with version 5.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post

Good for me too.

[edit] If you're out of ideas, take a look to SpeedHack (Spin the "Rule-O-Matic"! ) and TINS.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 10-05-2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Suggesting...
    No signature provided yet.

yes for me too , in fact this gonna be a good opportunity to refresh the memory ,lol

Blog Entries
    Well with the server problems all behind us now, I can get back to focusing on this challenge/mini-compo we've been talking about. What does everyone think about start it this June... maybe the 10th?

Also is anyone interested in being a judge for this small competition? We'd need 3 at least. I'd fill in a judge spot as well so that would leave only need of 2 more.

And lastly; is everyone fairly happy about 3 weeks to complete your entry? Keeping in mind that you should be making simple prototypes not full title sized games for the challenge.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast