I have to say that i was feeling the way you did. If you go looking around on the NET you are going to find lots of places that offer graphics creation for a price. Of course this is an expensive option. The second option is to have a friend that hopefully is going to be studying Media & Arts and hopefully will have the time to sit down with you and help you out. The third option is for you to sit down and learn a graphics package and use it while programming. This is realy furstrating since it means that you are programmer and artist on the same time. From my experience it hardly works out and if it does it means that the game will take double the time to build it and by the time it comes out it will be out of date. I feel like i am writting an essay here and i am going to stop. Personaly i ve tried the last two option with the second option working better for me since my cousin is an artist. The third option is good but really time consuming and the firts.......well never tried it.....
Hope this helps...... ops: