I was at work, had nothing to do and thinked about modern OpenGL 3.x and nxPascal.
Its pretty difficult to setup matrices, vertex data etc with modern OpenGL and the shaders needed for matrix stuff and so on.
So idea for the nxPascal.

Make everything "behind the scene" and let user to use simple to understand and use commands.
For example lets take: glTranslatef(), nice command to "move things" and position them in place.

In modern gl you have to do alot of dirty work to implement this. At least i see it so and its just one (!) example.
So make everything needed in modern OpenGL to get the same result. But instead calling it again glTranslatef, call it for example: nxTranslatef or something.
So i build my mesh and want to position or move it i just use for ex: nxTranslatef(2.0, 2.0, 5.0); (XYZ) order.

And same for other things.
There could be some shader templates provided for matrix stuff, for cameras etc.

With such commands and nxPascal doing all the "hard" things behind the scenes will make using modern OpenGL much easier.

What do you guys think?

I would like to rewrite my map editor for new OpenGL 3.x+ but the amount of writing code just for building mesh and simple camera matrix stuff scares me.
I dont even know proper good OpenGL headers for new OpenGL versions, except dglOpenGL. Is it even updated lately?

Share your thoughts.