Thread: nxPascal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
    Camera class was already implemented, as far as i'd understand what you mean. See in picking demo:
    https://code.google.com/p/nxpascal/s...icsUnit.pas#82

There hasn't been motivation to pascal coding for propably over a year now. It's difficult to make myself come back to this, with Unity and stuff around In the end i will never be able to compete with features, code quality, portability and simplicity.

I have also started the project moving into github, since code.google.com is quitting.

edit: Moving is completed, and wiki converted.
    It would be great if you continued the project, iv'e played around with unity and stuff but I like programming pascal lol.

Yes, it's a very nice library. The demos are awesome! Unfortunately I never found time to make something with it, but I still keep it in my Lazarus directory.

I released a few fixes to github after a long period of silence.
    - BASS supports now both 32 and 64-bit compiling. Executable location or windows\system32\ needs to have either bass.dll or bass64.dll. If it can't find the dll you might get no error at all. App just won't start. It's not a bug i can fix. Of course if nxBass is not included in project, this note is irrelevant.
    - Changed many demos project options to "default" compiling settings. A few had them set to 32-bit which then failed to compile on 64-bit.
    - Using Enable2D and then resizing window without first calling Disable2D no longer blacks out the screen.
    - FileExistsUTF support dropped in favor of new fpc compiler. It became deprecated.

Added a few known issues to the issue tracker https://github.com/Zaflis/nxpascal/issues and i'll try to keep it updated even if i didn't have time to fix them (i still might sometimes). I'm now developing on Windows 10 using 64-bit Lazarus and FPC. No virtual machines at the moment, and even if i did they might have trouble running with hardware acceleration. So i can't test on Linux. And i have no Delphi at all, considering dropping its support altogether. Is anyone using this on Delphi?
    Last edited by User137; 29-01-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Not exactly using it, but from all the engines I've tried it was the easiest to get to work in Berlin 10.1 VCL

I haven't made up my mind about what to pick for my project, but this is one of the top candidates.