Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: nxPascal

You can use onMouseMove event on form for the tile-painting, then it doesn't matter if you are using 16+ interval. Actually that could be the reason for high cpu use in the first place. Game template-based programs run same speed on all machines, but it's important that you put game mechanics into GameLoop, and rendering into Rendering procedure. If you would mix game mechanics with rendering code, frameskipping could mess up the sync.

Also keep in mind that you have another thread specifically for the GTA editor, this is about the engine alone.

Any particular reason why you removed "boundsf" and "boundsi". Or they just were duplicates of something?

They are in nxTypes as far as i see
    https://code.google.com/p/nxpascal/s...rc/nxTypes.pas
    I don't remember where i moved them from, but it seemed more proper place.

Hi,

Was looking into trying this, got all the paths etc setup but can't compile the FPS demo into Delphi XE2, by the looks of it due to the old pngimage library (lots of left side cannot be assigned errors).

I think XE2 has PNG built in suppose I might have to play around with it!

Oh before I forget, I wanted to use this to dabble around with 3D (never really tried it before), does nxPascal load/manipulate models of a particular format?

You should enable Assignable typed constants in compiler options.
    Set to True.
    But yes, XE2 should have already png support, just remove the nxPascal png folder from the paths.
    If i remember correctly, i had same problem with XE(2)

Quote Originally Posted by hwnd View Post
    You should enable Assignable typed constants in compiler options.
    Set to True.
    But yes, XE2 should have already png support, just remove the nxPascal png folder from the paths.
    If i remember correctly, i had same problem with XE(2)
    That didn't make a difference for the left side cannot be assigned too, I assume it's a recent update in XE series. I never had to deal with it because I never did it that way lol.

I remove png though and managed to get it to compile, had to remove BASS audio references too (so no sound) due to errors but I know how to use BASS directly anyway.

Does anyone know what, if any 3D model formats are supported?

Supported formats are W3D (used in my Edit3D modelling program that comes with nxPascal), OBJ and MilkShape3D ascii format. None of them support joints or animations at the moment, and i am not 100% sure that OBJ and MS3D are bugfree.

Also you could definitely tell me, maybe in private messages more details about these compile errors. Again i was not aware at all that there was a system where nxPascal would not work straight out of the box. I am still mainly supporting Lazarus only, and i don't have any Delphi installed on my computer.

So I would assume 3D wise pretty much anything goes aside from animation (anything requiring joints etc) and probably high poly count stuff (don't know a lot about 3D).

The only problems so far with demo's are with the included pngimage which is solved by removing that folder, PNG is support directly in Delphi for some time now (I think it's even the same guy that implemented it), and with
    the BASS implementation (the included .pas) file had quite a few errors but I just removed sound from the game so I could test it rather than mess about with it.

I have always used Delphi as I like the IDE although I don't use a lot of it's features, never tried Lazarus or others.

These different compiler related issues are often solved with IFDEF's. If you see here:
    https://code.google.com/p/nxpascal/s.../src/nxInc.inc
    there is for now only definitions for which compilers support inlining (by removing function and parameter overhead it can increase math functions performance great deal, at slightly higher memory cost). There could also be a {$DEFINE OldPng} that would only be active on older Delphi compiler versions. But again, as i don't have a Delphi it is difficult to do something like that on my own. Do the png's work then with no reference unit in uses list? I don't know where the new Delphi finds the needed PNG class, and since what version it was available.

bass.pas or nxBass.pas? If it's bass.pas, then it should be reported to them, possibly with suggests on how to fix them.

In Delphi PNG images are supported trough TPngImage class which is a subclass of TGraphic and is located in "Vcl.Imaging.pngimage" unit.
    But based on Lifepower there is/was and isue with Delphi built-in PNG support regarding alpha channels so Lifepower sugested to use "Vampyre Imaging Library" with Asphyre Sphinx 3 instead of Delphi built-in PNG support.
    Delphi's PNG implementation has an issue in alpha-channel. An alternative solution is to use Vampyre Imaging Library and add AsphyreVampyre to USES list. This solution also works for FreePascal/Lazarus. You should download the latest snapshot from the link below.
    This was at the time when Delphi XE2 was out so it is posible that the problem was already fixed by now (I haven't tested it out).

As for BASS Audio Library:
    I don't exactly remember when but in one of the previous versions there were some serious changes made which means that it is no longer posible to simply compile old program with newest bass.pas unit.
    Not sure what changes were made but one project of mine throws almost a hundred syntax errors. All demos that come with BASS library compile just OK. And yes I tried this on Delphi XE3 and Delphi 7 with which I have developed my project in the first place. So one day I'll have to take tme and see what changes were made and update my code acordingly.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast