Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SvEngine - Advanced 2D Game Engine

simvector

SvEngine - Advanced 2D Game Engine

Simvector Games is happy to announce the release of SvEngine v1.0-a1. It's an advanced 2D game engine for Windows® PC and use Direct3D® for hardware accelerated rendering. It's robust, fully object oriented, designed for easy use and suitable for making all types of 2D games and other graphic simulations. There is support for surfaces, textures, sprites, audio, streams, archives, configuration files, render targets, swap chains, databases and much more.

SvEngine | Media | Videos | Facebook | Twitter | RSS

Be sure to follow us on FaceBook, Twitter and YouTube. We will follow you back.

I had to put PG on hold for now. I'm having some technical issues with the compiler tech that I need to still work out. Hopefully in the near future I will be able to get it all sorted out. In the mean time I'm moving forward with some small downloadable games that I want to get done. PG was focused on being self contained with it's own compiler supporting different compiler syntax (pascal, basic, javascript and eventually c/c++), this engine exist in library form only. I may at some point add some type of scripting layer. Maybe Lua.

So I took the core engine, fixed some bugs and made some improvements. I've implemented an improved way of exporting the class objects from a standard DLL.

This version was released right when PGD went offline. Since that time I've been working on the next build which brings full support for Delphi 5,6,7,2006-XE and Lazarus/FreePascal (official release version). I expect to release this any day now. Just doing some testing.
    Last edited by simvector; 28-05-2011 at 10:48 PM.

simvector
    SvEngine v1.0-a2 Released.

Changelog

Version 1.0-a2:
    • Fixed a problem with TSvPrototypeGame class reestablishing the active viewport after recovering from a context switch.
    • Added PostStartupInit and PostStartupDone to TSvCustomGame class.
    • Added TSvConfigFile class
    • Added support for Delphi 5,6,7,2006-XE
    • Added support for Lazarus/FreePascal (official release version).
    • Restructured units needed to support mentioned compilers.
    • Other misc changes and enhancements.

Go Jarrod! Whoot...

cheers,
    Paul

simvector
    Thanks bro!

That's a really good work that you provide to the community simvector, don't give up !
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

simvector
    cool cool, thanks.

Blog Entries
    Wait a sec.... [Putting 2 and 2 together....] Hey, this wouldn't happen to be the Jarrod that does the hadron game engine could it?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I was thinking the same.. first it was Pyrogine, then it become Hadron and now.... simvector? What's happening over there?

Nevertheless, still good to see this one growing and getting more mature.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

simvector
    Hi.... thanks... yea... it's me. Sorry about all the confusion. Had a few bumps along the way... but things have settled down and I'm now back on track . Have a very solid engine core now and over the coming months there will be a few products released based around it.

simvector
    Version 1.0-a3 has been released.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast