Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez View Post
And I never, never, NEVER use hungarian notation. That's true annoying. What if you change the type of a largely used variable? BTW, the proposal of the variable itself should be enough to know the type it is (i.e. a variable named "FileName" will never be of type "INTEGER", will it?)
In code I have written no, FileName will never be Integer however it might be something like TBESEString or widestring, or any other format that it could fit. Also, I have used many libraries where a variable or type is actually an int or cardinal or a word but named as though it contained data and not an index for the data.

And for changing the type of a largely used variable. Well My standard is I don't use variables outside of one unit if possible. So, normally I only have to change its name in a single file. And I love GREP and Search and Replace.

Its not any standard notation I follow. I just use the structure that I find easiest to read. As I said, I don't like the way I coded 5 years ago. It's possible I would like the way I code now, in 5 years. It all comes down to preferences, there is no de facto standard. And even if there is, who cares. Follow the "Shop Standards" and if you are so lucky maybe you are making the "Shop Standards" wherever you are working.

I really think it is a waste of time when you get with other programmers and no one codes alike. I would rather hate the formatting of the code and have to write code like that, then to have 5 different formatting standards on one project.