Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Have questions? Post them to us here!

So I think I can finish the game (by July 10th I can finish only a demo concept). Yahooooooo!!!
    No signature provided yet.

Another question, does a pause button count towards the eight button limit?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMaximo93 View Post
    Yes. Assume you are using a controller with only a d-pad and 4 other buttons. You may assume they are laid out any way you want however. So it can be like an old NES or Genesis controller if you like. But only 8 buttons total, d-pad included.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    OMG thanks a ton... Lately I've had little time to do squat, block days, german exchange students, particle physics talks, music showcases, end of year work, coursework. You name it
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

How should we submit multiple builds of our games via the FTP? I need Mac/Win builds minimum (because I don't know if I can trust your netbook to run my entry decently, Will! [and you don't have Windows installed on your Mac]). Should I create a folder and the archives per platform inside? Or have them all in one archive?

Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez View Post
    So I think I can finish the game (by July 10th I can finish only a demo concept). Yahooooooo!!!
    I have the same problem, but I might have to finish on or near the 10th anyway, for holiday reasons, so it will probably be a demo/proof of concept/alpha kind of submission. All games I ever made needed a lot of afterthoughts and redesigns anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dazappa View Post
    How should we submit multiple builds of our games via the FTP? I need Mac/Win builds minimum (because I don't know if I can trust your netbook to run my entry decently, Will! [and you don't have Windows installed on your Mac]). Should I create a folder and the archives per platform inside? Or have them all in one archive?
    If you want to release 2 ports of your game then just upload one archive for each of them. The nice thing about Mac is that you can make virtual disks that zip up great.

Just name them like so:
    dazappa_win32.rar and dazappa_osx.zip

...for example. Use whatever compression or naming convention you feel works best.

If you want the judges to try out a copy before hand you could even add on X_win32_testbuild01.zip to the filename for example and then put X_win32_final.zip for your last one. This way if you forget to remove your previous one, we know which to judge for the final.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You can delete any of the files on the FTP, however I would warn against deleting files unless it is absolutely nessissary due to the off chance that you or your FTP client makes a mistake and deletes someone else's files. You cannot replace those for them and it causes trouble for them to re-upload another copy.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hm, I think I will probably try to put up a test build on the 10th or so then.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMaximo93 View Post
    This is a problem, but logical. A problem since it is a drawback to make a game that can't be paused. Should I give up some of the bonus points for that? Tricky.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast