Thread: PGDmC: Vectored!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This looks incredible Yesterday I played your game and I must say that it inspires me to make something similar.

One question: Is this real 3d (as in Opengl-ish stuff) or is everything rendered in 2d with a 3d perspective in mind?
    Hey Nathan...thanks!

I am using a graphics pipe-line that mimics the OpenGL one with the same matrices and formulas to rotate/translate/scale, and project to screen. I am then drawing 2d lines, etc. at those projected 3d locations on the screen.

This is until I can add true 3d graphics routines using the DirectX in the background into SvEngine - I am planning on doing this after the competition (don't have time now)

PS: here is another screenshot:

In it you can see the current time left at the top (hours minutes seconds), and the current (if any) primary and secondary weapons at the side.

The ship's current velocity is also visible (this will change when I make the slow down/speed up arrows do something).

You can pickup power-ups like clocks (adds time to the time left), I, II, II shot primary weapons, and missile secondary weapon.

The number at the left of each weapon type is how many shots you have left for that weapon. Once it runs out, that box goes blank till you pick up another weapon.

Oh, and everything you see on the screen (except for the "Primary", "Secondary", and "Speed (kph)" text) is done as vector objects, including the time and speed digits!! I made all those myself

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 15-07-2011 at 10:29 AM.

I just need the arrows to do something, make the timer count down, and add in check points. Also do some tweaking with the random generation...oh, and do some effects when objects are picked up, triggered, or destroyed

cheers,
    Paul

I'm looking forward to playing your game. It looks like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I'm looking forward to playing your game. It looks like fun.
    Thanks I am also looking forward to playing your 3d maze game too...

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    OMG its playable... I have tweaks to make, maps to create, tilesets to design and bugs to fix still... Looking forward to this one though.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    OMG its playable...
    what a conclusion

oh and paul it look awesome, but sadly it wont run at old arcades anymore

Thumbs up

Looks like an authentic arcade game, your idea is very good. The absence of texturemapping make the game more atmospheric. Looking forward for the final version
    Last edited by Jimmy Valavanis; 30-03-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Valavanis View Post
    Looks like an authentic arcade game, your idea is very good. The absence of texturemapping make the game more atmospheric. Looking forward for the final version
    Thanks mate

Well, I think I have done as much as I can for this competition!

I have uploaded the latest (and most likely the last) zip file to the FTP site:

"paul_nicholls - vectored! - final.zip" (6.1MB file, Win 32 only - tested on Vista/XP)

It includes a read me file with my email address and instructions

It even has some music now

PLEASE! let me know if it works, or doesn't work ASAP!!

cheers,
    Paul