thanks mate I'm not sure if the tunnel speed will change, but the red rectangles in the tunnel will end up being blocks and other stuff that stick up and you have to avoid or get destroyed. Oh, and there will be less red blocks in the beginning but that will increase as time/levels increase
That sounds great. However I would still like a speedup. It looks like the ship is going so sloooooooow It doesn't have to affect gameplay. Just the visual.

FPS carnage...funny! Yeah, I am working on the FPS issue mate. It probably doesn't help that the engine I am using is a very very good 2d engine, but it has no native 3d drawing routines out of the box (I am working on this too after the competition!). So I am currently emulating the OpenGL pipeline by using equivalent matrices and routines to transform objects from world space to the screen and then drawing them as 2d lines.
I must say I'm surprised. I would have guessed that you were just faking it. No need for doing 3D transformations.
However I'm not experiencing any problems with the frame rate. My old laptop (2.2 GHz dual core and some ATI gfx card) gives me 61 fps and I'm assuming SVEngine is capping my fps.