Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PGDmC: Vectored!

PGDmC: Vectored!

Hey all,
    I have finally gotten off my butt and done some coding for my PGD mini Comp entry!!

It is called "Vectored!", and will have nothing but vector graphics & some particle effects (maybe)

I am still not sure what type of game it is going to be, but all I know it is a shoot-em-up

It might be a Gyruss-like game, but with some extra game-play...we will have to see...

Oh, I am using Lazarus 0.9.30, and Jarrod Davis' latest engine - SvEngine

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS. this is the second PGD mini Compo project thead..Woo Hoo!! haha

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 24-06-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Cool. We want to see screenshots ASAP, as you may allready have guessed.

I still need to perform that "kick in the butt" thing in order to get started. Probably this weekend..
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere View Post
    Cool. We want to see screenshots ASAP, as you may allready have guessed.

I still need to perform that "kick in the butt" thing in order to get started. Probably this weekend..
    I still need to write some more code before ANY screenshots will be happening - I only started coding today

I have been porting over an oldish vector object unit to use with SvEngine so I can draw some graphics

cheers,
    Paul

Crap, I clicked the link expecting a download of your game. I should've read more carefully.

I second chronozphere's notion. I have this weekend set for a game. Got a few ideas in mind that may or may not work out. If they do then I'll post. If not then you can find me sobbing in a corner somewhere.

Blog Entries
    Well, if you don't get those screenies done, I'll post up my BSODs from over zealous multithreading. I have a few memory leaks in my code. Particularly the part that has an array of pointers to threads. So whenever I try to run the game, it makes its threads and loses them so keeps making more most annoying. Picture 2,500 threads trying to load the same resource files... That windows installation is NOT happy. In other news, my current version continues to spew runtime errors out of Win32 and Win64 whilst things are very nice indeed in the nixworld. Just synced up the home server to handle my project and exciting news:

Networking - you can network play my game YAA! or at least thats the plan

Paul: is there not a part of sdl that does threads?
    Chronozphere: Good luck... I recon I'm about 600 lines ahead and roughly the same on win32/64 fnuctionality.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Paul: is there not a part of sdl that does threads?
    Yes, there is threading in SDL, but I don't think it is as easy to use as the Pascal version:
    http://www.libsdl.org/intro.en/usingthreads.html

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Oh, wiat, what? Oh. Baka me. I meant to say SVG!

Tip of the day: please avoid replying to PGD posts when working with acetone all day - its like proximity meth after all...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Here is my first screenshot of my game. I have finally added in some software 3d routines to draw 3d objects.

I am experimenting with a retro tunnel effect that will probably move towards the user

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 27-06-2011 at 10:19 AM.

May be some Elite style starships?

Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 27-06-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez View Post
    May be some Elite style starships?

Sounds good
    So what was the image? it didn't show up...

EDIT: haha! it showed up AFTER I posted

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 27-06-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast