Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: PGDmC: Vectored!

Thanks Jason I have already removed the F5 bit (and from the audio file too) anway...

I am just adding some effects for when objects are destroyed/picked up, and I will re-submit my entry (very soon)

Blog Entries
    That's ok F5 didn't do anything anyways.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development

Attention everyone (and judges )

I have now uploaded (hopefully) my final version - it now includes music this time (I forgot to add it to the archive...D'OH!), and graphical effects when destroying objects/picking them up

I think I now have all the bugs out of it, like the audio saying press F5 but that not working (is now removed) hehe

The new filename is:
    "paul_nicholls - vectored! -" (Win32 only, 6.1MB in size)

Thanks to for all the voices in the game

Thanks all, and good luck!!

Last edited by paul_nicholls; 17-07-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Well, if I get time tonight, I will upload a newer version of my game - I have added in a fullscreen mode using "-fullscreen" as a parameter

I will also do some small tweeks too...

It is 8:05pm on the 17th here in Australia and I don't know how many hours I have left

It's 1:20pm here in Holland. I'm assuming I have at least until midnight.

Looks like I won't be doing any more tonight - one of my children has gastro

If I have time first thing tomorrow morning, I will upload my new version with the fullscreen option...

Ok, I have uploaded my most definitely final version to the ftp:

"paul_nicholls - vectored! - definitely final!!.zip"

It has the -fullscreen option if you want to use it, and also some tweeks...

I'm off to have some breakfast and go to work.

Good luck to one and all!!

I have tried your game (not the "definitiely final" but an earlier one) and it looks very nice, runs smoothly. As I said before, the "filtered" look is a good effect. I didn't have speakers so I couldn't hear anything which certainly was a limitation but not one you are responsible for.

Thanks for the kind words

This latest version is improved and much better IMHO - it has music, and voices saying what you are hitting/picking up which is very cool!

Here is a link to the same version in my dropbox folder for those who can't access FTP:

HI Paul,

Graphics look cool. But I am getting some weird play issues.

I can press ctrl and I see a bullet, but it only works once.

I can press space bar and it fires, but I can't seem to hit anythiung.

If I fly through a green bomb looking thing the control seem to freeze and I can't move any more.

If I hit the yellow blob I appear to die but the game goes on without me, i.e, I have no plane to fly.

I love the 3d vector look and the smooth rotations is nice.

I have played it three or four times but I am confused as to what is going on, sorry.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast