@Nuno: Although I don't want to admit it with the lack of stuff that I can check as finalized, coding started on day 3 so its well underway (clocking 1.2k lines or so now in total - 3k if you include Prometheus and other libs). Now its content generation, content format standardization and the player interface that just need to be finalized before I can call it a game. The menu system gave me a few nasty aches but its all but done at last. The beta will most likely be Monday and then its the content content content sprint till the 8th where its beta 2 - any killer bugs I missed, fix and upload...

@Ingemar: Screenshots was going to happen, but due to the themes of each section being on the abstract side, I thought against it (shame TBH). Reminds me: I've alwaya wanted to have a hack at the particle system and improve rotation for particles. Maybe if have a bit of time tonight.

@General Public: Since Prometheus is a gaming library, the custom version I've been rocking for my game devs will be released as version 1.0 along with 100% completed docs for that version around the 28th - about time right? Well, at last it seems to be bug free as tested by games, fast as tested by games, cross platform and once X11, WIN32 spec code is in place you get another 10% speed increase whene it goes bare gl for video. Audio will be late july hopefully once codec wars end. The target min spec for prometheus is 3.1mb ram, 22mhz cpu, 16mb HDD and Opengl > 2.0 with 'legacy' support via 1.x extensions: gma 945 crowd, that is you so yay. Active OSes are Win32, Win64, Lin32, Lin64 on X86 (and yes ARM 7/9 is under the feasibility test). Chances are it works on OS X but its never been tested although chances with SDL powered revisions are quite strong.

Oh and for those that like more control, I am looking into a function based language that shares the prometheus codebase so instead of image.rotate(x) you can dest := rotateimage(image, x)... And its all inter-operable! YAA!

Of course, for bare bones performance go ZenGl, but I am looking into the performance gap and have a few tests getting close to the theoretical max speeds of my HW (OK, it chows up 1.1ghz cpu and 300mb ram ATM, but the concept delivery 80% of it can be crammed in 8mb ram and 200mhz cpu) with leaps there along with a new data type for dealing with VERY large images: compress the text data with bzip or similar and decompress areas needed on the fly... Slow but faster than page file