Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PGDmC: Galactic Xenocide

Blog Entries

Cool

Well I've been letting those down whom I told I'd release information as I develop it a little so here to make up for it is a sampling of the music that *may* appear in the game.

Enjoy...

Galactic Xenocide on SoundCloud

NOTE: I'll be updating and replacing older version as new ones come out so if you want to post comments that'll last, please put them in the set instead.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I gotta say, I love the name of the game, it's clever.
    And you wrote the soundtrack? It's sounding great, got a very isolated spacey feel to it

Looking forwards to pictures and hopefully even a playable version of this!

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Well I've been letting those down whom I told I'd release information as I develop it a little so here to make up for it is a sampling of the music that *may* appear in the game.

Enjoy...

Galactic Xenocide on SoundCloud

NOTE: I'll be updating and replacing older version as new ones come out so if you want to post comments that'll last, please put them in the set instead.
    Wow! That is awesome music! It sounds like you paid an orchestra to do the music...how did you make it sound so good?

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    I'm using Garage Band '11 to make the music. I'm able to take existing loops and mix them kind of like an oldschool tracker program would allow. I've been learning how to play the keyboard, but I'm not good enough to write music yet.

EAch race will have their 'theme' and there will be a couple of tracks for general gameplay. I want to model the music like how it was done in Ascendancy to give each race a sort of culture of their own. Each planet will have their own distinctness.

I've taken the same universe for an older game project of mine, Invaded and am using it here. So technically Galactic Xenocide is a prequel to Invaded.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

The Greys

Greys-Homeworld-(ver-1).jpgTheGrey.pngmothership.png
    The Greys were once a strong bi-pedal species cunning and strong. Over time, through repeated wars among their race's various factions they nearly wiped out their entire race and devastated their home world. Eventually hostilities ceased, but not before it had became apparent that they could no longer continue on as a race. With hope that they could one day repair the damage they had caused themselves, they devoted their efforts exclusively to science and research.

They temporarily overcame their population problem by adapting cloning technology to help them reproduce their numbers and repopulate their world. Over the generations their bodies gradually became smaller and weaker. They have however managed to increase their natural lifespan, living longer and able to learn more.

The Greys are now a curious race obsessed with all things technology. They continually seek out new worlds and technologies of which they can learn from. Unfortunately they still harbor an aggressive nature and their experiments tend to go well beyond what other races would consider proper and often declared harmful scientific practices.

Their greatest asset due to their high intelligence and knowledge is their ability to quickly repair damage to their ships. Due to the complex nature their ships, however they don't have the same armour as some of the more warrior-type races.

The Greys Music Theme
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Nice! Good going Jason

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Thanks Paul!

More details on the game's development at the Red Ant Games website!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Any chance of larger screenshots of those concept drawings?

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I noticed that they were kinda small after updating the site. I'm starting to get annoyed with iWeb. It's sort of the weakest of all the iLife tools. Guess it was really meant for uploading you site to MobileMe instead of making your own nice looking site.

I'll fix the images later on today I think.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that they were kinda small after updating the site. I'm starting to get annoyed with iWeb. It's sort of the weakest of all the iLife tools. Guess it was really meant for uploading you site to MobileMe instead of making your own nice looking site.

I'll fix the images later on today I think.
    The iLife package isn't very impressive. A bug hive. Have you tried RapidWeaver or SandVox?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast