Thread: PGDmC: Galactic Xenocide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Sound like some nice stuff. As for the PGDmC, that might be my fault - believe was the first one to complain about having to write 'Pascal Game Development Mini Competition' out repeatedly...

Looking forward to it, as I do with most games of course Oh, and I diggs that killzone 3 ps3 banner in the sig too
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I don't know about the acronym being such a bad thing. I like it.

But more to the topic, participating with your own game is a great idea WILL. And on top of that it looks like your have a great concept as well.

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys! I hope to post some screenshots or some concept art and what-not once we get going a bit more. Stoney is getting the prototype ready to try out soon. Hopefully this weekend we'll have a proof of concept and we can start coding the game mechanics into it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Here is a little teaser of what the graphics will look like for the game. Motherships by Stoney and Planets and starfields by myself.

Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Looks great! However, it appears as if the nebula is located in front of the planet instead of behind it. I have altered your screenshot to show the alternative. You can do this by making a circular selection around the planet, and then applying a radial gradient. Set the layer to Soft Light.

planet.jpg

I hope it will not lay in the "Beautiful Start-menu" syndrome.
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez View Post
    I hope it will not lay in the "Beautiful Start-menu" syndrome.
    Just because I had such plans too... but I won't have time for that.

Strategy game, that's nice! Straight and simple strategy games, easy to learn but fun to play, that would be a good ambition.