Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What gives?

What gives?

Sooo, what's up guys? I know it's summer and all, but what's up with the quietness? We've got this competition going, the opportunity to show what skills you have, praise others, whatever, but except for the few PGDmC threads that get the occasional post, it's all very quiet.

What gives?

Almost done with studies and completely exhausted by the hot weather yesterday. I really feel like collapsing, but I have to finish some stuff first. And I will join a summerschool next week, so no time for pascal programming then. I haven't been able to work on PGDmC yet, which is pretty bad. At this point no other pascal projects are running here.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Post Brain boiling...

Hot... Too much hot... Brain boiling... Can right think not...
    No signature provided yet.

Cold...too much cold...brain freezing...

It is winter here and was 0 degrees Celsius this morning when I went to work

Besides my PGDmC game I am working on, it is very quiet here; ignoring work and life LOL

cheers,
    Paul

Busy with work and real-life, and when I'm off work somebody always finds something I need to do for them. Also busy working on my Android game, that's going painfully slow. All that and being a lazy bastard in-between really leaves little time for else. Besides, I haven't done much worthwhile to show. However, I am hoping I'll become more active.
    Existence is pain

to be honest , i think i could not finish my game befor the 10th of july, since its 3D and i start late, right now i am in the design stage (photoshop , blender .. etc)

i'll try to do my best

It is the middle of winter for half of the planet. Family and business commitments means its almost impossible to find time to program for fun.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Cold...too much cold...brain freezing...
    Send me some snow and I'll send you some... er... hot air?
    No signature provided yet.

Heh, well this community isn't extremely active to begin with Personally I'm having an issue with fungal infections in my fish tank which is causing some to die off and it's very nerve-wracking trying to treat it. In terms of the compo, my game is very small so I don't feel like making a topic about it. Much more fun to have a random surprise.

Blog Entries
    Well, its something like this: exam week finished, schools are on strike, its moderately hot, a whole new year of work ahead and a plethora of extra-curricular events going on.... With a german exchange student staying over etc... Oh and did I mention I'm also fine tuning the Windows Home Server and VMWare Server rig too

Oh, and of course there is the PGDmC issue too... So, my brain is like: 'AAAAAAAAAAHH MOTHERLAND!' (brilliant quote).

But development continues in spite of the German assessment for school in 2 weeks or so, so yea. Rock!

Although is there any change of getting an extra 1 or 2 days dev time? I have a LOT of work to do. The implementations are nice but the beta is still TBA and after that is all that darned debugging... I mean its leaking memory like the titanic which is an issue and the playability is not nice (unresponsiveness etc). Preferably, it would be nice to do an engine overhaul but thats not going to happen in this time frame. For my game design its a 'groundbreaking' approach and the first of its kind but its far from desireable. Oh well.

@Traveler: But I promise you one thing: the spam we mods keep you free from is not quiet this time of year Just wiped 20 threads on Page 1 with more to follow.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast