Thread: Simple Chipmunk Physics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Hmmm, demo11 from ZenGL maybe can help you with initialization of Chipmunk, and drawing... anyway it will be easy to translate into other engine/API As soon as I resolve a problem with translated Chipmunk demos into Pascal for Linux(using pure OpenGL and glut), I will add them to my Chipmunk Pascal binding - chipmunk-pascal.
    A bit incomplete though, with libraries for Windows and Linux but not Mac. Also, a simple demo would be helpful.

(And I am saying that just because FPC interfaces to Chipmunk Physics sounds really, really useful so I really want to try it!)
    Last edited by Ingemar; 30-07-2011 at 01:13 PM.

A bit incomplete though, with libraries for Windows and Linux but not Mac. Also, a simple demo would be helpful.
    Mmm? And what is libchipmunk.5.3.2.dylib in bin directory do you think? This library, and simple demo, you can find with ZenGL(demo11). Unfortunately I have no time to finish that chipmunk demos, about which I said before.

Maybe so but I was referring to what I found at the chipmunk-pascal link.

Maybe so but I was referring to what I found at the chipmunk-pascal link.
    In chipmunk-pascal svn you can find libchipmunk.dylib too.

Two days ago I took another look at the Chipmunk physics. Well, I made some progress, as you can see here (using my SDL based egslengine):

However, I have a problem on Windows 32bit with the static linking (FPC 2.6.0) using the latest headers by Andru. Issue is
    Code:
    Target OS: Win32 for i386
    Compiling physictest.pas
    Linking physictest.exe
    physictest.pas(124,1) Error: Undefined symbol: _cpInitChipmunk
    physictest.pas(124,1) Error: Undefined symbol: _cpMomentForCircle
    physictest.pas(124,1) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
    Fatal: Compilation aborted
    Any idea?
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

using the latest headers by Andru
    Are you sure about latest? And if so - did you change path to object files? Structure of lib directory was changed, so in Lazarus you should specify something like this now - lib/$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS), or choose path for platform manually(in your case this is i386-win32).

Oh, sorry, it was my fault. It works now. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Cybermonkey