Thread: Group Collaboration Software

Group Collaboration Software

Just wondering, if and when we get a small dev group together, how we plan on sharing all our information. I was introduced to Groove by a friend. Seems to do a pretty decent job at inter-group communication and file-sharing. If anyone has any other suggestions please share. Note, the preview version of this software is free to use, while still being very flexable.
    My DGDev forum pascal syntax highlight settings:
    <br />[background=#FFFFFF][comment=#8080FF][normal=#000080]
    <br />[number=#C00000][reserved=#000000][string=#00C000]

iLLUNis

The drawback is the fact that we will have actually to buy this software... :? PC Anywhere does about the same as a few more out there but all of them require payment....IRC could be an option...or even here with the small chat we have and posting in a special forum that BlueCat is going to create.... ...any ideas anyone else?

Perhaps http://sourceforge.net/ can help out here?

I believe most group-projects are done on sourceforce... The Quake2 engine conversion was done entirely by using sourceforce and that turned out quite well!

Don't know... just an observation, any other program/service like IRC would do just fine too, but where will you put the files
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

Have some one run a CVS server?

I'm pretty sure the preview version of Groove will do everything we would need it to do, without any sort of purchase. It allows for a single group workspace, which is all we really need. I already have the preview version installed on one of my machines for collaboration with my RtcW clan, and we've never had any problems. I could just as easily install it on a seperate PC for collaboration with our game dev group. I'll double check on it if anyone is interested, but I'm pretty sure there would be no cost involved.
    My DGDev forum pascal syntax highlight settings:
    <br />[background=#FFFFFF][comment=#8080FF][normal=#000080]
    <br />[number=#C00000][reserved=#000000][string=#00C000]