Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PGDmC: The Ancient Tower

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikrys View Post
    and btw. Will can you please change my topic title and add "PGDmC:" there? dont know how i can do this by myself
    Done. You should be able to go to the forum that contains the thread and double-click on the space just right of your topic. It'll then turn into a edit box and you can alter it.

That's how I did it anyhow.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

i was sure it is some kind of magic but okay its just cheating!

atm im really pissed cause my code wont compile and i dont know why
    i just compiled it wednesday and it all worked perfect, today i start my delphi and it throw out an error
    i mean how can it be? im 100% sure i closed delphi after i compile last time

EDIT:
    oh kay...found the error, glad that i found it so quickly
    the game missed a file (it was anyway not used atm) and throw out and error about position instead of file not found
    Last edited by Daikrys; 15-07-2011 at 06:29 PM.

hey if you want to have a sneak peek at my awesome editor and would know if you can handle it i have a nice screenshot

http://www.novastern.net/stuff/editorsneakpeek.png

i was on to make a real one but textfiles come very handy for my game so there isnt actually one
    still plan to make a second edition of the game after the mini challenge and maybe there will be an easy to handle editor with handy userinterface
    Last edited by Daikrys; 15-07-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Notepad := 'Best editor ever!';

Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

yay its done!

i uploaded my game to the mini-comp ftp, you can also find one on my own server at:
    www.novastern.net/games/tower.zip

i dont got all features planned for the first edition done but i hope i can soon publish the second edition with all the nice things

the grafic isnt very smooth but it will do the job, same goes for coding
    all creating stuff was done in about 19-20hours over one week, sadly i dont record the time i used for coding, grafics and lvlcreation individually
    lucky me i dont needed to write a gamedocument cause i was alone and the projectsize was manageable with pure brainpower!

EDIT:
    i uploaded a small fix for one of the lvlfiles
    Last edited by Daikrys; 18-07-2011 at 03:03 AM.

Oh my this game is great!
    The music is great, the graphics are cute and it's such a simple concept!

I think you're definitely a shoe in for the top 3

hey thanks dude
    i found out that lvlsection 3 still need a small fix or is it just me who always fall down at the same spot?
    the music is nice indeed but not done by me cause i got no time left for this
    credit for music goes to andromeda@

EDIT:
    uploaded a new fixed version for lvlsection 3
    as always my own server has the latest version at www.novastern.net/games/tower.zip
    Last edited by Daikrys; 18-07-2011 at 06:14 PM.

This is a pretty nice game. It would go great on a mobile or something. I had the distinct feeling however, that some platforms were impossible to reach.
    So you say you started around the 15th, right? That's not bad, not bad at all.

hey thanks

yeah i hope the fix work now
    hmm yip mobile would be fine havent think of it but if i would use a small shake to jump it would be nice on an iphone

So you say you started around the 15th, right? That's not bad, not bad at all.
    nono i started at 11th but wasnt able to work every day on it but i count the hours i spend on working (this includes problem solving of difficult stuff in my mind)
    anyway i started to think about some ideas the week before with the old deadline when i wasnt able to compete

EDIT:
    oh and if someone have count the hours he spend on the game it would be nice to know too
    Last edited by Daikrys; 18-07-2011 at 07:54 PM.

A pitty I couldn't really play your game, because when I tried it the character was just running whhoooosh.. to fast. I don't think it was intended to be that hard However I ran your game in Wine on Linux, so maybe that's the reason.
    Maybe I will try it again later on Windows.
    Other than that your graphics look amazing, absolutely professional. I'm really curious how you create them?

oh and if someone have count the hours he spend on the game it would be nice to know too
    I mainly worked on my entry during 4 whole days

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast