Thread: How do you quit your game?

How do you quit your game?

I was wondering with the button restriction, how do you guys quit your game? During development I have the escape key set to close the game, but since I plan on using all 8 keys (and escape isnt among them) I don't have any alternative ways to close the game other than from the main menu. This effectively means that when you play a level you can not quit, unless you lose all your lives and then return to the main menu.

At the moment I don't see an alternative, but perhaps I'm overlooking something? Any other ideas?

Blog Entries
    For our mock-entry GX we don't have a way to pause the game per-say. When you die or win you will eventually be taken back to the main menu where it gives you the option to quit the game.

Actually we do have a reserved button that we were going to use for setting RV points and to signal a retreat, but we could always use that as a pause/in-game menu. We haven't had as much collaboration time as I think we needed to work out all the finer points of the controls, but I'm sure we could have worked in a function for an in-game menu/pause screen.

You'll notice that the total number of buttons chosen is the exact same as the old NES controllers. This sceme included a Select and Start button which were often used exclusively for pausing the game or bringing up small menus.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I just have a pause menu with a quit option and also the close button at the top of the window quits the game (this is okay, right? )

In my game pressing ESC brings up a menu, one of the options is to quit the game.
    Last edited by Jimmy Valavanis; 30-03-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMaximo93 View Post
    I just have a pause menu with a quit option and also the close button at the top of the window quits the game (this is okay, right? )
    i agree theres a button at top right of the window cause theres is no need to shut down the "PES" with a controller-button cause i never shut down my NES with a controller, got it?

think of it as "close the window of the PES emulator"

We can also pull of the plug
    Last edited by Jimmy Valavanis; 30-03-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Ha yeah. Also minimise means turn the TV off but keep the PES on