Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BeRoPNG - A very tiny but complete PNG loader

Smile BeRoPNG - A very tiny but complete PNG loader

I do want to share my useful BeRoPNG unit here. It's very tiny but complete PNG loader with a own tiny inflate routine, so it has no external unit dependencies. It supports even extended features such as Apple's proprietary extension CgBI and so on.

And here is the link: http://rootserver.rosseaux.net/stuff/BeRoPNG.pas (36 kB src)

It's licensed under the 2-clause simplified BSD license.

So have a lot fun with it

Thats pretty neat. Thank you for sharing!

Blog Entries
    Ah yes danke. Whats the license? I'd like to use it in Prometheus to help replace sdl_image (sloow) to go with the new Win32 and X11 code to finish phasing out sdl for video...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Ah yes danke. Whats the license? I'd like to use it in Prometheus to help replace sdl_image (sloow) to go with the new Win32 and X11 code to finish phasing out sdl for video...
    It's licensed under the 2-clause simplified BSD license.

Thanks man. You're awesome! I was missing a nice PNG loader.
    Existence is pain

Blog Entries
    Very cool Benjamin! Any chance of there being a stand-alone PNG screenshot generating unit in the future?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

thanks for sharing , i like tiny stuff

by the way , i like your program picatune , are there any chance that i can use it in my demos ? , i have "kb" v2m pascal port , but gives much size than c++ version .

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    What about the Vampyre Imaging Library? It can handle lots of more formats.(JPEG, BMP,GIF etc.) I use it in my EGSL interpreter project and it works pretty well. But of course, if you only need PNG support ...
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Blog Entries
    I'm looking at slimming Prometheus down. From what I've seen Vampyre has a lot features that would never be used, this is literally just a loader by the looks of it and a pretty small one so from that standpoint its perfect. Aside, I already have written up the file type detection system (not the file extension, the binary file headers) so I just need to tell it what proc to use and I'm golden.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    What about the Vampyre Imaging Library? It can handle lots of more formats.(JPEG, BMP,GIF etc.) I use it in my EGSL interpreter project and it works pretty well. But of course, if you only need PNG support ...
    BeRoPNG is designed for small binarysize projects and for embedded projects on embedded devices with limited resources. For example my android game FoembJump uses BeRoPNG together with OpenGL ES 2.0. I'm demoscener and a Farbrausch member, so I've fondness for small sized stuff
    Last edited by BeRo; 16-07-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast