Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PGDmC: Mr Snugglekins and the Giant Sack of Catnip

PGDmC: Mr Snugglekins and the Giant Sack of Catnip

Hi all, my game is finally finished! Well, finished enough

Since I haven't really introduced myself I'll just use this as my introduction post too I'm Max and I'm one of the 17 year old students lurking around on this forum (my Pascal Pokemon game on PP4S that was featured here is in my signature)

In my game, you play as Mr Snugglekins, trying to defend his illegally hoarded catnip from the Cattyland government's police: an army of spambots (AKA cans of spam that walk)! You have four guns and as many automatic turrets as you can buy to help you defend your Giant Sack of Catnip.

All of the assets in the game (except for the sound effects and fonts) were created by myself, and it uses my own engine/framework/whatever based on top of SDL and OpenGL. The feature I'm most proud of is the skeletal animation system I developed which makes use of an animator program (which I wrote, and is very, very unintuitive. I really need to redo it sometime ) which eats up .obj files and spits out my own file formats (SuperMaximoObject, SuperMaximoModel, SuperMaximoSkeleton, SuperMaximoAnimation ) that my engine uses.

Screenshots should be attached somewhere (ignore the obvious vsync issues )

I'll have a Dropbox link up soon for anyone who can't access the FTP. The zip file contains the source, and is called Mr_Snugglekins_and_the_Giant_Sack_of_Catnip_Max_Fo ster.zip.

Hope you enjoy the game!

EDIT: Dropbox link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21951901/Mr_...Max_Foster.zip

EDIT: Full source code (updated with mouse control) here: https://github.com/supermaximo93/Mr-...Sack-of-Catnip
    and source of my library here: https://github.com/supermaximo93/Sup...Library_Pascal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SuperMaximo93; 14-08-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Sounds awesome! Great job

I will have to give it a try

PS. Spambots! hahaha

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 18-07-2011 at 06:38 AM.

Wow, a last minute entry from out of the blue! Nice! Is that pseudo-3D or real 3D?

Looks great!
    Last edited by Jimmy Valavanis; 30-03-2012 at 04:12 PM.

This looks interesting. You have a really funny premise for a game.
    Existence is pain

Wow this is a pretty huge game. You can tell a lot of work has gone into this. I find the controls a bit awkward, but that's probably due to the 8 control limit. A mouse would make things a whole lot easier. Overall I liked this game a lot. Some drones just stood there bashing into some rocks, but I sort of welcomed that as it earned me some easy cash while the enemy brought in the big guns. Great fun!

really neat game, i love the small kitty dude and his dance is epic

i even beat the highscore but its really tough after a while
    fear the mighty hackers

Blog Entries
    I just love the title! I'm thinking of making a 'Most Creative Game Title' award for the next PGD Annual just because of you.

Nice job, good luck in the final judgement.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast