Hello everyone - I've being reading the board for quite a while but haven't posted until now... anyway, I've got a bit of a far reaching question so I hope you'll indulge me!

I've been surveying the graphics/game programming scene for Delphi and the following questions have come up - I hope that by either simply writing my questions out I'll understand a bit better or someone will be able to straighten things out...

DelphiX: Is this still a viable component set? Isn't there a real issue with it being just a software rendered implementation of DirectX 7? Ie lacking 3D?

UndelphiX: I understand that this an independent development of DelphiX bringing the tools up to DX8.0 and incorporating some hardware acceleration... How come they haven't been moved on to DX9: is this difficult/impossible to do or is it a case of someone actually having the time/abilility to do it?

Asphyre: This appears to be a very smart and "modern" attempt at DirectX9 with 3D capability - does anyone here use them? (btw, is that name pronounced the way I think it is?!)

Clootie DX headers: Now these seem to be as bang up to date as DX gets for Pascal - my question is how come there is a requirement for extra DLLs when the likes of Asphyre don't appear to require this? What do they do? The guy in charge as been MS MVP'd so his gotta know what he's talking about!

OpenGL: I've been trying to work out what's going on here! I have managed to download a ton of different OpenGL header conversions - some for 1.5, others for 2.0 - is there an official, central effort to get this done?

NeHe tutorials: In my effort to start of OpenGL with Delphi I've got the Redbook and started to work throught these BUT I can't understand why the given Delphi code is so Un-OO... Both the example code provided for each tutorial and the so called "Delphi OOP basecode" appears quite un-OO to me. Is there a reason for this?

I think that's it for now - sorry for all the questions at once!