Thread: Nextgen-software rendering

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ok folks. I have new nick on sourceforge and the name of the project is little different because 2 bad things happened:
    1. Some idiot or idiot's atacked the sourceforge server's and the SF team changed the passwords of all projects for the security reasons
    2. I used the e-mail recorvery, but my e-mail provider horribly failed because i can't get any new mails, sometimes the page was down... There were many problems.

So i changed the name of the project and my nick. I will now use the SVN system to make updates to the source code.

About the project ... So what is new? Per-tile operations are more optimized, i am using now 2D homogenouse rasterization, clipping is done in 4D homogenouse, vertex transformation path and backface culling is more optimized, texture reading is in post-proccesing pass, indexing pixels to triangles is optimized with bit mask and linked litss (it was before slow because i don't used combination of 64bit mask and one 32-bit pointer but 64 x 32 bit pointer's, so for every pixel one 32bit value alias pointer to the triangle)

In the demo (cube field - 2000 objects):
    q,w,e,a,s,d - move in all 6 directions
    arrows - rotation of the camera

Next step :
    -per tile mip-maping
    -bilinear texture fiiltering with one texture fetch - with one "movaps" or "movdqa"

cya

https://sourceforge.net/projects/phenomenonngsw/

For the demo is desktop in 32-bit color mode needed and sse2 instruction support..
    Last edited by herrcoolness; 10-04-2011 at 08:14 AM.
    It doesnt matter in which language are you programming. It matter what can you create in this language. I see the future of pascal in Free Pascal - the only free way for the future...