Well Alimonster asked me to reply to this, I guess because I coded a 999 byte graphical demo just after 4E3 (Link). This is going to disappoint you guys but it wasn't coded in Delphi (it isn't even a Windows executable) and to be blunt, despite the fact that I love Delphi (except for tiny demos and web stuff I do all my personal programs in it), it just isn't that good for making small executables, nor was it intended to be. If you want to code small stuff you're going to want to use a tight C compiler or do it in pure assembler. Of course if all you want to do is entry a 64K competion (64K is a lot, especially now that you don't have to write your own 3D engine and can just use OpenGL/DirectX) then Delphi isn't too much of a disadvantage. Once you get over the minimum size the code you add (assuming you don't add libraries) is not going to make a large impact on the size of the exe (again, so long as the code doesn't require any large libraries).

...I'll try making a "small" Delphi app tonight. If I get something smaller than what has already been described I'll post it and explain the methods.[/url]