Quote Originally Posted by technomage
Mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
Could it really be that we scare off newcomers with our (Free)Pascal instead of Delphi? Our discussions about conversion to Linux instead of just for Windows?
That is a good point. Given that the most popular game platform on the PC is windows perhaps linux talk is scaring people off, or they are just not intersted in cross platform development..... food for thought....
I have to agree here, There is an air of negativity here about none crossplatform projects or projects that ignore Freepascal. I personally use linux but im not intrested in writing games for linux. I dont use freepascal because really why would i? I have delphi. I slowed my posts down yup.. im at fault for that myself. But i done it because the core group here seem, and im not saying this is true, but seem to be big freepascal fans and if i aint crossplatform they aint really intrested. I still visit almost daily though and if i may post a few comments about the actual site which i dont like please remember this aint a personal attack WILL.

Anyway the forum itself.. there's just so many sections.. IMO its way to much and needs to be trimmed back theres sections with subsections. Its kinda a pain to move about really.

The news items on the main page are great. but how about a recent discussions list too? So we can see from the entry page which threads have been active since our last visit. Kinda get new folk into the forums.. without them having to click the forum button at the top then getting greeted by so many forum sections.

The Articles bit on the main page its javascript.. i personally know quite a few folk who disable javascript on there browser. i myself do it, so i dont actually see anything in there.

I know everything is reachable from the menu at the top.. but this site is kinda large and isnt that user friendly for someone that hasnt visited before.

Thats just my views, erm thanks for reading them.