Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
[*]The fact that there aren't as many useful resources (game engines, libraries, tutorials) available for Pascal as they are for other programming languages.
I don't think this is the case.

[*]People who keep bitching that there are not enough suitable resources available, like you are doing lately, instead of helping with creation of such resources.
Please don't jump to conclusions. In real life I have done my part of homework. For instance, when offered to give an introductory course to game development, instead of Unity, I've insisted to go with FPC/Lazarus as basic toolset and usually have tried to promote Pascal/Delphi tools during development as much as possible. However, one would be very naive or stupid not to realize that Pascal popularity is not as it once was and since I, among other tools, use Delphi for work and maintain Delphi/Pascal framework, am generally concerned with it.

However, I do see a couple of issues myself, but they are not technical problems. It's not lack of game engines, online tutorials or Pascal resources - for Delphi and Pascal I think there are many resources for almost everything - graphics, networking, security, databases, etc. However, I think it's general blindness on purpose and ignorance for identifying issues that Delphi/Pascal developers tend to have. Spelling out issues is discarded as bitching (as you've just called it) and in overall is received with hostility and rose-tinted glasses.

While money is one problem another big problem is great demographic diversity of PGD members. You see PGD has members from all around the world so it is quite difficult to even get in live chat with other members.
I can't help with demography problem, but I could help organizing an event by participating myself, giving a course, tutorial or a seminar, or even shed some budget for it provided that it would have an appropriate invoice.

If no one needs such framework/engine then where did the idea for it come from? Why are people inquiring about what happened with it?
Because it is a general problem - for an unexperienced developer to start and work on an engine instead of actual game. Except that, this time, this activity that should generally be avoided, was explicitly organized by PGD and performed by multiple developers, only to fail miserably as it always does, because, again, you should be doing games, not engines.

Also what in your opinion would be more meaningful and have higher impact to Pascal Development Game community?
At least in the universities that I've visited, whenever a programming or game development course is given, what I usually see is Java, Unity, C#, etc. When I try to convince the administration to consider Pascal, it is usually met with some eyebrown lifting. I think this is something, addressing which would be more meaningful. How? Well, I think it does require some community involvement, so it means spending (or more accurately, wasting) time on unimportant things... like making yet a new damn engine!