Quote Originally Posted by savage
Stereo types of Italy, from an English/Australian point of view are would be things like Pizza, Pasta, the Roman Empire, hand movements when talking.

English Stereo types would be bad food, British Empire, driving on the wrong side of the road . Australian stereo types are probable, Kangaroos, people says Streuth and Sheila and there are probably loads more.
LOL
Australians also have Boomerangs, don't they?
Btw this theme will not work for team whose members are from different countries
For example what if I and K4S work together? Should we develop Pizza-eating kangaroos ?
Apart from jokes, if you don't use stereotypes, what else do you use? I don't think it would be so interesting..
Maybe with stereotypes..

Also, i don't like so much the abstract theme, since i never likes games that uses that kind of style.. They just don't catch you.

Snow and water could be good but i really can't think of a gameplay that doesn't involve extremely hard to code water/snow dynamics..

In a very nice compo i've seen there was a theme like "indirect control". That is, the main characters of the game weren't controllable by the player, but moved autonomously. The player was only able to act on the settings and somehow interact indirectly with the characters.. Example of this game is Popolous. In the compo all games were very different and innovative, there was a game with a shepherd that had to control sheeps, a kind of simple rts, etc. But of course this idea is already taken

I'm for theme limitations but without a strict theme.. Something like Dogfight. Looking at it now, it was a very clever idea for a compo. It gave you the possibility to make games of whatever complexity (from extremely simple to very complex) and to choose most of the gameplay.

I can't actually think of something like that.. Maybe that idea of "color" or "taste" isn't that bad (sound is less interesting maybe ).

I'll think and post later

PS Sorry if i'm not on PGD very much lately.. I'm always quite busy with other stuff.. But i'm still working on games