Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dream come true = Nightmare :(

Dream come true = Nightmare :(

b-one.net
    clichehosting.com

really, why not get a host who allows unlimited traffic and at the same time cheap? my mother has the latter one of those i listed and it's working brilliantly
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Dream come true = Nightmare :(

8GB?! :twisted:

ftp.freepascal.org (that is excluding mirrors) sends 350-450 GB/month into the world. It is good that there is plenty of bandwidth available in our part of the world, otherwise it would be simply possible to do what we're doing now.

And also: Unlimited = unknown. No hoster accepts that you pull their uplink through the wall by using the full 100 mbit of your ethernet card, it is just a question what they consider unacceptable. There are hosting providers that allow "unlimited" traffic for EUR 10/month. However no way that we can host ftp.freepascal.org there.

However, I think it is good that sites are hosted locally. If everyone in South Africa hosted its site in the US, there would be no money available to improve the local internet infrastructure. Countries that had internet early have an incredible advantage, and the situation in a country far away from the big internet exchanges simply cannot be compared to what is available in countries where you can go digging at a random place to find glass fiber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12