Ehm.... Thanks for the really FAST responses to the video :shock:

Where to begin?

Savage, I use Asphyre from Afterwarp Interactive site (Lifepower) for graphics, so all you need is DirectX 9.0c at minimum and a 3D capable graphics card.

The explosions are rather simple.

In short it goes this way:

Draw a big explosion animation
Draw smokeanimation a bit nearer to the camera.
create fireparticles with velocitys and let them loose smokeparticles on their way.

Thats the normal cannon explosions. The big ones when tanks get down are the same, but I add a really big particle over the whole explosion fading in and out.

Thats all. Nothing magic :lol:

Ah, before I forget: to round up big explosions I added some cameramovement to make you "feel" the explosions a bit better. Can't wait to add sound to the stuff :lol:

In fact, it is very important how you blend the several items in the scene. I draw many things using Add-method, which gives the nicest results for lighting effects.

Athena:
"its thoroughly demoralising " <- that's definetily NOT what I want. I hope to get you motivated by showing my progress. On the other hand it motivates ME when earning positive feedback.

Savage:
"After this year's competition, you should go back and finish off last year's entry as well" <- Uhoh! I know I forgot something :lol: