I'm dying to try the new updates. I'll have to check the Lazarus website sometime tonight.

Well a lot of Delphi factors could change now that it's being disassociated from Borland. The price is definately one factor. Another is all the 'wonderful' deals that Borland made with Microsoft. All agreements, unless more are made between the new company, will be null and void after the sell-off from Borland. I think whoever takes Delphi from Borland will make it a higher priority than it was up until now and in most cases it won't even be the same IDE suite that it once was or currently is.

Heck we might see a little power struggle between Lazarus and Delphi in the near future. The IDE people did go a bit silent once the porting Delphi to Mac and continuing Kylix topics came up. They even spend a small stint about the Mac possibility. Maybe a few secret ambitions were inspired during that podcast, no? :twisted:

Either way dispite the lack of alternatives to Lazarus, it's nice to see that the big one is coming along quite nicely. And of course it is... why else would I have moved all my projects I still hold an interest in over to it.

While I was at sea I ported two older games over and updated them to be either shown[size=9px](featured actually in my upcoming articles series on how to create games of it's genre)[/size] or released as a way for me to practice my AI ideas. Good fun!