Quote Originally Posted by aidave
Quote Originally Posted by my
you can't give 200 points just because the level looks good
those points include the boss AND the level
no boss = no graphics = no points
therefore a game with no boss cant win all the points
I agree, but it can still achieve MORE points than a game with a boss.

If the level looks good without a boss he gets e.g. 160 points (e.g. -40 because boss is missing).
The game with the boss looks crappy and gets 80 points in total.

Anyway, I think this whole discussion is nonsense! Why?

- Only what the judges say is important, no matter what you think, no matter what I think
- There is no single indication that a game without a boss wins
- There is no single final scoring visible right now
- Only thing we see is a different order of the entrys than the initial one, which indicates NOTHING (what if database is indexed by "last edited date"? What if Tanx and Arctic Macrob got judgement from both judges and Blocked got only one judgement right now?

Why are you so upset? Just sit down and drink a cup of tea, this may help

But there is one thing which itches under my fingernails:

There are several hints/advices/statements of the compo-initiators which say that if you don't reach one or more goals, you still can win.
It doesn't say if you don't manage to include an endboss than you missed your chance. One goal is to include/design a boss (again: worth only 2.5 points/judge). If you only missed that, you still have a CHANCE to WIN the compo! Thats how I read the rules. BIG BOSS is only a heading. The content of the entrys is declared very misunderstandable in the GOALS.

If you still dont believe me, click http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...?p=details&c=1 and please show me the rule which says that an endboss is essential for winning the compo.

Again, these are just my thoughts. I don't want to take party for anyone. This is just how I personally read the rules. And as you know I am no native english speaking guy, so please correct me if I misinterpreted something.

Personally, I am waiting now and keep myself out of this discussion, because it really makes no sense The judges DO know how and what to judge.... I am sure!

Greetings and good luck again,
Dirk