Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Project Need Advice On

My New Project Need Advice On

Thnx Alot i have a Basis of the Equations i need for the way it bounces but im not sure on how to get the bump effect u aim at i like it alot i had the idea of when it hit between a line of the pads and have been experementing its palcement with x and v (x Axis and V Velolcity) and am not sure how to get it and when i added a Roof to the game then things got intresting lol i had the ball hitting and going back up and floating into a Cubic motion and was like What the hell so yea here are the equations im using
    t := t + 1 * way;
    x := x + (30) * Way;
    v := v + a * t;
    d := v * t;
    y := y + d;

v := 1; t := 0; d := 0;
    way := 1; backup := false;
    y := 50; x := 450;

i have it when it hits a certain point backup = true and v = -v and way =-way and yea u get the idea but iv experamented with the so called bump effect yet the bounce parabola motion gets faster and thiner and when i incress x it bounces wider yet alot faster.
    Practice makes Perfect But
    <br />Nobody is Perfect
    <br />So why Bother

Blog Entries

No problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Floby
    im not sure on how to get the bump effect u aim at
    Just have the hand raise up a bit (give it a few 'frames' to do this gradually) and make it a 'bumper' that increases in power when it's above the setting height. You could make it a more skilled(timming) based type of gameplay where instead of it being the higher the hand is the more powerful is BUT INSTEAD having the lower it is the more powerful it is. It'll make it more rewarding for the juggler to be accurate in his timming. A better rethrow of the object if he hits it just at the right time than if he hit it too long before and it's a sloppier toss up and he has to recover the ball into a nicer throw pattern or it starts to become harder to juggle as the balls get more and more 'out of control'.

So collision detection will detect a connection between the hand(bumper) and the ball and the ball will react with the bump reaction to the contact wit hthe hand [size=9px](make up a set of 'rules of the hands' function that will change the ball to do what you want and run the ball through it when it touches a hand)[/size]

Give it some thought. I think you've got it from here.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Lol Yea I See That Makes Alot of Sense Thnx Alot Even Tho Your Reference to Incress Power Means incress Velocity and iv been expermenting with that and its been umm somewhat intresting but yea ill work it out thnx u have beeen alot of help.
    Practice makes Perfect But
    <br />Nobody is Perfect
    <br />So why Bother

I think you should give up on this floby dude!
    Why dont you get into something simpler...?
    ...like tank invaders...! :lol:

lol enjoy ur holidays!

If you do a bit of google searching, you'll find a flash game like this, it's very basic (as in no levels or real objectives aside from score) but it might give you a good idea.

Sorry I can't remember the name but it's really... really... wack to say the least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12