Hi, didn't see this thread until now

My name is Chris, and I am 28 years old. I work for a large blue chip company in the UK, and I hate it I have used Delphi for around 4 years and love it I prefer the RAD elements of Delphi over C++ any day, besides C++ is only a little faster for some things.

I have written alsorts of bits of crap over the years, a NES emulator written in Delphi using DirectX, and several graphical tools used to edit and modify image and data files for other games. I spent quite a bit of time over the last few years studying microprocessor architecture and software security, understanding how people hack software and systems. I also gave up trying to go for my degree, as real world tasks took presidence.

I am completely sick of my job, the Delphi market in the UK is pants! I want to be part of, or form a game software development house. For the last 6 months I have been developing my own MMORPG, using Delphi and DirectX. My dedicated team is about 6 strong (with about 15 testers and advisors), but only myself working on the code...

I hope to be able to make some kind of financial return from the product within 2 years, but there is still lots to do.

Here is a WIP:- http://www.btinternet.com/~chris.r.m.../client009.JPG

Married, no kids, beautiful wife who is a Linguist. (Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, little Russian, Norwegian, Dutch ....)

There are things I can do expertly in Delphi, and there are things that confuse the crap out of me, like 'Abstract'.

Oh, and my nick is Gadget, because I used to be an electronics engineer and tend to be quite technie.