My team "Lickety Split" suffered an accident in the kloofing section on the Swzi X Sport event this last weekend (a nice 5 day long weekend in South Africa). Between falls 8 and 9 there was a small rock ledge that had to be climbed down, I slipped down and hurt my ankle. Thanks to some quick work by the teams right behind us my ankle was quickly strapped up in a brace.

It took Lickety Split 9 hours to walk the 8kms to the next Transition. While we had tried to send a message out with various teams it seems these messages got a bit garbled and fortunatly we didn't sit and wait for help but walked out instead. Once out we tried to get hold of the race Medics. After driving around and phoning for a few hours we gave up trying to find the medics and headed for Waterford College to sleep and returned to South Africa on monday allowing me to see my own doctor.

Xrays showed a broken ankle, On wednesday it was operated to put the bones back in place, and I'll be stuck in bed for a few weeks.

So I lose out on Comrades this year. I am not sure when I can start training again. But it does mean more time for making games