Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: unit to detect if your Windows program is running in Wine

unit to detect if your Windows program is running in Wine

Well, it makes a lot of sense. For example, as a Konqueror user I often encounter web sites saying "Your webbrowser is not supported". Luckily the Konqueror developers built in an option to make Konq lie about its identity. More often than not, after making Konq identify itself as IE6.0, the website works perfectly.

I think the Wine developers want to avoid this trap: They don't want people to add messages "Sorry, you cannot run this program, use a real Windows instead".

unit to detect if your Windows program is running in Wine

Quote Originally Posted by dmantione
    Well, it makes a lot of sense. For example, as a Konqueror user I often encounter web sites saying "Your webbrowser is not supported". Luckily the Konqueror developers built in an option to make Konq lie about its identity. More often than not, after making Konq identify itself as IE6.0, the website works perfectly.

I think the Wine developers want to avoid this trap: They don't want people to add messages "Sorry, you cannot run this program, use a real Windows instead".
    Perhaps ask them to make it a command-line choice? This way you can make a nice little document explaining to users that your app needs to know it.

Simplest tho, is to make it in your app. Make some argument or some such and tell the users to run it thusly in wine.
    Feel the power of Open Source.
    <br />Feel the power of Free Pascal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12