Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help promote my game?

Blog Entries

Help promote my game?

I'll say this for the benefit of those here at the site. I already know what you're going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by nzo2
    Why should I make a PC post for boosting exposure to something when it just needs to be looked at, then people can make their own minds up? Anyway, I`m not going to go into that. Maybe if more than 2 people ever answered any of my posts, then I wouldn't have such an issue.
    Your entire argument is that others should take the time to go see your game and leave comments whist you haven't put a lick of effort into presenting it here for our benefit. And the only reason you do not want to 'go into that' is because you realize it makes you look bad.

Instead of taking anything constructive from what feedback you did get you decided to throw a hissy fit and start handing out insults and excuses. You think the C community is going to be any nicer to those that act like you just did? :lol:

Life isn't fair kid, get over it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Help promote my game?

Despite WILL's lock on this topic, I just wanted to add this:

Your request for a rating is not the first one we've seen here at PGD. Such requests have been here in all kinds of forms, with WILL's Garland quest, being one prior before yours. Truth be told, I haven't rated that game either. Simple reason for that is that I'm not a member of that site. If I were, I would've rated.
    So really, if you think you are the only one with this 'problem', think again, because you´re not.

If you want to gauge popularity of your game, find a system that does not require a membership to rate. If you want to gauge popularity, get a website and check the number of downloads. Put up a contact form, see how many people send you emails about it. Not only will it tell your more about its populariry, it will also make you feel a lot better about it.

On another note, I´ve taken the time to check your posts. And for someone who wants to see something from others, you´re not doing a whole lot in return. Pretty much all of your posts are about Delphix and some kind of problem you´re having with it. I´ve seen none, where you comment others with their games or projects, or where you try to help out with some kind of problem.

When you give something back more often, I´m sure you´ll find more people open to these kinds of requests as well.

Perhaps you should keep this in mind when you start visiting new sites.

Help promote my game?

Well, of course you are all right.
    On reflection, this wasn't the way to go, even though any migitating circumstances in my 2nd post don't appear to have been taken into consideration. As it happens, I didn't place the article and I understood there to be a time critical reaction to getting it on the front page.

Also, in answer to Traveller's post - it's hard to help people out if you are struggling with it yourself (DelphiX).

I would have dropped DelphiX ages ago if I didn't already have so much work done on this project, so that wasn't any kind of petulence.

I think it's fair to say that I should not attempt any kind of "marketing" like this in the future.

Help promote my game?

Just out of curiosity, have you registered your game on The Great Games Experiment?

If you did, it could be added to the "Games made with Pascal" list, you could add a link to your site for your game and create a badge for it to attract people.. the badge would show it's rating.

Just an idea.

I'm qute interested in the whole Guerrilla marketing issue, I'll be releasing a game on shareware soon and I'd like to get as many people as possible downloading and eventually purchasing the game.

It's very important to get a good impression accross as quickly as possible as bad impressions do a lot of damage; which takes a lot more good feedback to heal than bad feedback took to destroy.

As my game is cross platform, I'll be putting a link on HappyPenguin.. the only downside to that is that a load of the people on there, don't like paying for games and often want the source code too, not that that's an unreasonable request, but as the site is not specifically for open source games, commercial games do sometimes come under fire from OSS devotees.

Help promote my game?

[quote="jasonf"]
    As my game is cross platform, I'll be putting a ]

If your game runs under any Unix, you're welcome to submit it to freshmeat too. This is very popular place for Unix software, may generate quite a few hits for your site. And non-open-source programs are welcome there as well. (And I don't think anyone complains much about non-open-source there... people can always filter out non-open-source using freshmeat filters if they want).

Help promote my game?

[quote="jasonf"]Just out of curiosity, have you registered your game on The Great Games Experiment?
    If you did, it could be added to the "Games made with Pascal" list, you could add a ]

I dunno. This game will probably only appeal to hardcore arcade-heads who are familiar with the genre. Worth a try, I suppose, but perhaps a little lower key that previously.

Help promote my game?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonf
    Just out of curiosity, have you registered your game on The Great Games Experiment?

I just have. That's a very nice site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12