Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek
I cannot sell with the first, and I cannot include custom components with the latter. Not to mention Turbo Delphi is seriously unstable. Maybe I could find a copy of D7 floating around on the 'net at some place like EBay...
If you really want to use custom VCL components, you can circumvent the limitation of Turbo Delphi and install components using "dclusr.dpk". However, what you are doing doesn't need this - if you will be using SynEdit, you can safely create it in run-time. Other than that, what CUSTOM components will you need to drop on the form, which you absolutely won't be able to use at run-time?

As for stability of Turbo Delphi - I've had it installed for 1.2 years and worked on several projects, Wicked Defense being one of them. During this time, the IDE crashed only twice - after having it open for the entire day, and I was still able to save the work. I once remember that some component of IDE crashed once (after editing very long unit), but I just restarted the IDE as a precaution.