Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first finished game: bouncer

My first finished game: bouncer

That's very weird. I've seen that error once before. But i blamed the drivers of the machine.

Can you tell me what graphics hardware you have and what driver version? Any chance you are using the latest catalyst drivers? :? Those can cause problems with my engine.

BTW: The resulting error codes you see in the log are returned by D3D.CreateDevice(). Are you experienced with DX? can you tell me what's going on??
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I`m using a Geforce 8800 gt with the latest drivers 169.44. And sorry can`t help you with the errors. I`m more of an OpenGL guy. I just started last week with D3D for my job

Hi Chronozphere, I tried your game and found it fun to play It didn’t work on my work PC – it crashed and the log file said that no accelerated device was found but it works on my LapTop at around 100 fps.

I liked the graphics, keep up the good work
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Thanx! Can you tell me on what hardware it crashes? It should work, even on non-accelerated devices. :? I should do some more testing on systems without good graphics hardware.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Hi on my pc at work: Intel(R)82865G graphics controller and driver version:6.14.10.3889. O/S: WinXP...

MSG: ..:: NashaENGINE log-file ::..

MSG: Initializing NashaENGINE...
    MSG: Enumerating Sound devices...
    MSG: -- Sounddevice: Generic Software
    MSG: 1 sound-devices enumerated!

MSG: Initializing Graphics....
    MSG: Checking for hardware acceleration....
    WARN: --> No hardware accelerated device was found!
    MSG: Checking hardware capabilities...
    ERR: -->E_DEVICE_INCAPABLE: your video-card cannot support the NashaENGINE.
    -->Your videohardware is incapable of running NashaENGINE.
    APP: FATAL ERROR ON INITIALIZATION: Application will terminate now....

MSG: Terminating....
    MSG: ..:: Logger terminated::..
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Ah yeah.. i checked some of the Direct3d capabilities before actually starting the engine. My engine doesn't require a high-end GFX card, but some degree of hardware is needed in order to run it. I should have logged the reason why it isn't capable (e.g certain blending options not supported, or not enough simultanious textures etc).

Well Done. You are really 100 step front of me.
    look at my stuff, just a piece of junk
    http://www.2shared.com/fadmin/334349...64/Serpent.rar
    Let me think something better.

BYEBYE
    Live programming, eat programming, breath programming and die programming

Thanks for the compliment.

But your little game seems like a good start. You could now add some more graphical effects and maybe a background image. I assume (by looking at the size of the executable) that you're drawing your graphics using GDI. If i were you, i would check out some cool game-engines and figure out how they work. Take your time and don't be too ambitious and your games will become more and more impressive.

Good luck!

Chronozphere

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12